PETS COMPLAINTS: It is best to prepare some information before you make a complaint. You will need to have:
- Your name, contact details and name of the pet owner.
- The date the pet got checked by a vet.
- The date and time of travel, carrier, and route.
- The pets species of pet
- The ticket number or airway bill (AWB) (for pets travelling by plane).
- Information about the complaint you want to make.
- Details of any contact with the Animal and Plant Health Agency beforehand.
Pet Travel Scheme Helpline Number
Pet Travel Section
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)
Centre for International Trade
Eden Bridge House
Carlisle CA3 8DX
Reporting an Illegally Imported Pet
What should you do if you think an animal got imported into the United Kingdom illegally? In this case, you can find your local Trading Standards office and report it to them. Contact the City of London Animal Health and Welfare Team for those in the London area.
City of London Animal Health and Welfare Team
Telephone: 020 8897 6741
Animal Reception Centre
Middlesex TW6 3JF
ALSO IN THIS SECTION
PET Travel Scheme: Check out the current rules for bringing a pet into the United Kingdom.
Pet Microchipping Laws: Find out how the pet microchip rules function for dogs and cats.
Pet Passport and Documents: A guide to help you understand how the pet passport scheme works.
Rabies Vaccination Rules: Check the rabies vaccine works for dogs, cats, and ferrets.
Guide Dog and Service Dogs: Travelling abroad with a guide dog or other assistance dogs.