Hot off the press health and safety news articles from 2022. This section covers the latest rules headlines about health regulations and safety laws.
The latest stories come from the far north, through the midlands, and right down to the southern counties of the United Kingdom.
Our eager beavers cover all the most important health and safety stories.
Read news articles about those who ‘seriously’ breach occupational health and safety legislation.
There is even more to digest from the latest news articles and blogs.
Check out a selection of amusing workplace health and safety rules. Some of the funny write-ups cannot fail to mystify and bemuse.
Click any of the recent news headlines to read the full story. Or, scroll down to previous news features archived below if you prefer a trip down memory lane.
2022 Health and Safety News Articles
- Environment Agency Starts Testing Water Quality at Designated Bathing Sites
- UK Health Security Agency Confirms Two Cases of Monkeypox in London
- Mandatory Housing Measures Being Lifted for Poultry and Captive Birds
- Unlawful Possession of ‘Spiking’ Drugs Can Now Result in Five (5) Years Behind Bars
- HSE Guidance for Managing Stress and Mental Health in the Workplace
2021 Health and Safety News Articles (archived)
- Changes to Whiplash Claims Process Come into Force in England and Wales
- New Action Plan for Animal Welfare Published in the United Kingdom
- Prison Sentences for Animal Cruelty Increased from 6 Months to 5 Years
- Artificial Intelligence Turns Smartphone Camera into Medical Device
- National Construction Regulator to Ensure Safer Home Materials
2020 Health and Safety News Articles (archived)
Government guidelines about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and what the public needs to do.
Stay at home
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home).
- If you go out, stay at least two (2) metres (6ft) away from other people at all times.
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home.
Do not meet others, even friends or family. You can spread the virus even if you do not have symptoms.
Note: You can read more about what you can and cannot do during the coronavirus outbreak on the GOV.UK website. The latest rules headlines about health and safety regulations will continue as soon as possible.
2019 Health and Safety News Articles (archived)
- Waves and Wind Safety Tips for Coastlines in Britain
- Top Ten Reasons Learners Flunk the Driving Test
- Fire Safety Regulations Brought Forward in Scotland
2018 Health and Safety News Articles (archived)
2017 Health and Safety News Articles (archived)
2016 Health and Safety News Articles (archived)
- 7 Ways to Fight the Norovirus Winter Vomiting Bug
- Asthma Inhaler Colour Code Needed for Patient Safety
- Synthetic Alcohol Key to Safer Improved Mental Health?
- Dementia Supplements: Substantiated or a Myth?
- British Beaches Clean for Swimming after Tough EU Tests
- Weak Anti-pollution Laws Endangering Public Health
- Levy on Sugary Drinks Ruled Out in Northern Ireland
2015 Health and Safety News Articles (archived)
- Reviewing Laws Against Gay Male Blood Donation in UK
- Rule Change Could See End to Traditional Haggis Ban
- New Poultry Slaughter Regulations Stun BVA in the UK
- Amazon found Guilty of Shipping Dangerous Goods
- Airlines Launch ‘Rule of Two’ following Germanwings Crash
- Building New Safety Rules for UK Home Owners
- Deadly Electric Cars get Acoustic Vehicle Alerting Systems
- New UK Rules allow Postal Carriers a Bite Back at Dog Owners
- New Rules to Extinguish E-cigarette Advertising in the UK