Green Deal Finance Plan Linked to the Bill
If you want to complain about a Green Deal provider, assessor, or installer:
- You should contact your provider ‘directly’. Looking into and dealing with complaints is a responsibility of Green Deal providers. You can find their contact details on your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). As a rule, they have eight (8) weeks to resolve a complaint.
- You can contact the Green Deal Ombudsman if you are still not satisfied with their response.
If there is No Green Deal Finance Plan
Make a complaint about a Green Deal assessor or installer ‘directly’ to them in the first instance. Contact their certification body if you are not satisfied with their response.
You may not know who the certification body is for the installer. If not, you can contact the Energy Saving Advice Service in England and Wales. Contact Home Energy Scotland if you are living in Scotland.
Energy Saving Advice Service
Telephone: 0300 123 1234
Monday to Friday: 9am to 8pm
Home Energy Scotland
Telephone: 0808 808 2282
Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm
Saturday: 9am to 5pm
Note: Contact your nearest Citizens Advice bureau if you are still unhappy with their response.
How to Complain about the GDHIF
For most complaints you should contact your Green Deal provider or installer. This includes any advice they gave you about the scheme and any of the work they did for you.
Note: Contact the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy for any other complaints about the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund.
1 Victoria Street
Other Complaints Procedures
- To complain about your energy supply or billing you should contact the Energy Ombudsman.
- To complaint about the financing or repayment process through the provider you should contact the Financial Ombudsman.
- Contact a Citizens Advice branch if a service was not correctly described or if the pricing seems unfair.
- Contact the Energy Saving Advice Service or Home Energy Scotland if you do not know which organisation to contact. The same applies if the complaint is about the misuse of the Green Deal quality mark.
How to Report Green Deal Fraud
All genuine and bona fide companies use the Green Deal quality mark and display it. They also have a unique certification number. Follow these steps to report a company:
- Check the validity of the company’s certification number.
- Contact the Energy Saving Advice Service if you live in England or Wales.
- Contact Home Energy Scotland if you live in Scotland.