HomeRulesEmploymentPensionsState Pension › Contact Pension Service
Information to Contact Pension Service

Use this Pension Service contact information to help you check your eligibility for the State Pension. There is extra information about making claims and pension payments.

PENSION SERVICE: You can use this section if you want to contact the Pension Service.

The first step is to contact the Pension Service if you want to make a complaint or to update your personal details.

Claiming Your State Pension

What happens when you claim your pension for the first time? Most claimants can claim State Pension online.

That means you get the State Pension paid direct into your bank account. You should receive an invitation letter to make a claim within two (2) months of reaching the State Pension age.

Get Help Making a Claim
Telephone: 0800 731 7898
Textphone: 0800 731 7339

Welsh language: 0800 731 7936
Welsh language textphone: 0800 731 7013

Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm
(except public holidays)

Technical Help with Online Service
Telephone: 0800 169 0154
Textphone: 0800 169 0254

Welsh language: 0800 169 0253
Welsh language textphone: 0800 169 0203
Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm (except public holidays)

Note: The guide explaining how to contact the Pension Service is also available in Welsh language (Cymraeg).

Change in Circumstances

Use this contact information to report a change in your circumstances. Examples include changing your address, a change in spousal partner, or if ever you change your bank account details.

Report a Change in Circumstances
Telephone: 0800 731 0469
Textphone: 0800 731 0464

Welsh language: 0800 731 0453
Welsh language textphone: 0800 731 0456

Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm
Check call charges in the United Kingdom.

If you are abroad you should contact the International Pension Centre with your state pension enquiry. You can also use the service to make a complaint.

State Pension Forecast by Post

Those who prefer to use the post can fill in the government ‘BR19 application for a State Pension statement‘ form. Send the completed document to them by postal service. The statement should arrive within 10 working days after they receive it.

Find Your Pension Centre

If you know your postcode you can find your nearest Pension Centre and send a letter addressed to the Pension Service. They will also inform you of the correct phone number to use as another method.

Complain about the Pension Service

You should contact the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to complain about the Pension Service.

Note: If you still have difficulty contacting the Pension Service you can get independent advice from your local Citizens Advice office.

Contact Information for the Pension Service in the United Kingdom