SES GUIDE: This informative guide explains how to apply for Specialist Employability Support.
SES helps people get ready for employment or to journey into self-employment.
The UK SES programme provides nationwide specialist employability support.
It is for unemployed disabled adults with complex disabilities or multiple barriers that hinder their search for work.
Specialist Employability Support offers mentoring and training for those with physical or mental health problems. It helps get the disabled into work if they cannot use other employment programmes.
How to Apply for Specialist Employability Support
To apply for Specialist Employability Support you must:
- Have a disability or health condition that affects the work you can do.
- Be unemployed and a resident of the United Kingdom.
- Be between school leaving age and the State Pension age.
Specialist Employability Support Help Available
An initial assessment determines which SES program is best suited to your needs. There are two different types of SES support available:
- Specialist Employability Support Start Back Provision. This provides intensive support and training for an average of 3 months.
- Specialist Employability Support Main Provision. This programme provides longer-term support and training for an agreed length of time (usually 12 months).
Note: Contact your local Jobcentre Plus to apply.
SES Support Organisations
You can also choose an organisation to support you such as: