DADA AWARDS 2022: This guide explains how much you might get from Dance and Drama Awards funding.
There are 17 private dance and drama schools in the United Kingdom. The information and guidance explains how to apply for DaDA funding 2022.
Dance and Drama Award finance can help with your tuition fees. It can also get used towards the cost of living at a DaDA school.
The amount you get in each academic year depends on your household income and where you live and study. You can get further details from the dance and drama awards national income scales.
Note: You must be between 16 and 23 and show talent with a likelihood to succeed in the dance and performing arts industry.
Dance and Drama Award Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for DaDA funding 2022/23 you must:
- Be an EU citizen and have been living in the EU for 3 continuous years (immediately before the start of your course).
- Have ‘settled status‘ and ‘indefinite leave to remain’ (ILR) in the United Kingdom.
You must be from England, Wales, or Scotland to get help with living costs.
Note: Apply direct to the dance and drama school where you want to enrol. Tell them you want to apply for a DaDA.
Dance and Drama Awards 2022 Qualifications
To qualify you must be studying for one of these Trinity College London Diplomas:
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Acting (3 years)
- Level 5 Diploma in Professional Acting (1 year)
- Level 5 Diploma in Professional Dance (Classical Ballet or Contemporary Dance) (2 years)
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Dance (3 years)
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre (3 years)
DaDA Age Restrictions
- You must be 16 to 23 years of age for dance courses.
- You must be 18 to 23 years of age for acting courses.
DaDA Private Dance Schools for 2022 to 2023
The following schools offer DaDAs for the 2022 to 2023 academic year:
- ALRA (Academy of Live and Recorded Arts)
- Arts.Ed, London
- Bird College – Dance and Drama Theatre Performance
- Elmhurst School for Dance in association with Birmingham Royal Ballet
- English National Ballet School
- Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts
- KS Dance
- Laine Theatre Arts
- Liverpool Theatre School and College
- Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts
- Northern Ballet School
- Performers College
- SLP College Leeds
- Stella Mann College
- The Hammond School
- The Oxford School of Drama
- Tring Park School
Appeal a DaDA Entry Decision
What happens if you want to appeal against a decision to refuse you a DaDA? You should contact the school if you want to appeal a DaDa decision.
Note: Further help and advice about Dance and Drama Awards 2022 funding is available through your school.
Music and Dance Scheme
The music and dance scheme could help your child get specialist education or training. It is a specialist type of funding for students available for young musicians and dancers.
Music and Dance Schools
Check the list of educational institutions offering grants and financial help at independent schools and centres for advanced training.
Note: You would need to apply direct to the music or dance school or centre. Children aged eight (8) to nineteen (19) may qualify for the music schools and eleven (11) to nineteen (19) for the dance schools.
Music Boarding Schools
- Chetham’s School (Manchester)
- Purcell School (Hertfordshire)
- Wells Cathedral School (Somerset)
- Yehudi Menuhin School (Surrey)
Dance Boarding Schools
- Elmhurst School (Birmingham)
- Hammond School (Chester)
- Royal Ballet School (London)
- Tring Park School (Hertfordshire)
Music and Dance Centres for Advanced Training
- Aldeburgh Young Musicians (Suffolk)
- Birmingham Conservatoire
- Centre for Young Musicians (London)
- Guildhall School of Music & Drama
- Royal Northern College of Music
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal College of Music
- Sheffield Music Academy
- South West Music School
- The Sage Gateshead
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
- Yorkshire Young Musicians (based in Leeds)
- Dance City Academy (Newcastle)
- Dance East Academy (Ipswich, Suffolk)
- DanceXchange South Asian and Contemporary Dance CAT (Birmingham)
- Dance4 (Nottingham)
- Laban Centre (London)
- London Contemporary Dance School
- Swindon Youth Dance Academy (Wiltshire)
- The Lowry (Salford Quays)
- Yorkshire Young Dancers: Academy of Northern Ballet (Leeds)
- Yorkshire Young Dancers: Northern School of Contemporary Dance (Leeds)
Choir School Scholarship Scheme
Contact the Choir Schools’ Association to see if your child (8 to 13 years old) can get financial help to attend an independent cathedral or collegiate choir school.
ALSO IN THIS SECTION
Adult Dependants’ Grant: Funding for full-time students in higher education with a dependent adult.
Childcare Grant: Vital support for parents with dependent children while they continue studying.
Extra Funding for University: Get expert advice about securing extra money to pay for University.
Student Finance: A guide for those who are already studying or planning on going to University.
Student Finance England: A page for anyone who needs Student Finance England contact information.