UK SCHOOL FINDER: The online school finder and database gives you immediate information.
You get instant feedback about English primary schools and secondary schools. It also shows any special needs schools near to your location in the United Kingdom.
Check to see if you need access to the other links to help you find schools data. The performance reports for Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland are on other websites.
The UK schools finder lets you compare school search results. You can then save the comparisons inside the system database. It will also store your favourite school searches for a period of up to 90 days.
What happens after you find a school in England, Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland? You should check out further information about the school admissions criteria. That helps to determine when and how to apply for a child place at that educational facility.
How to Find a School Catchment Area
The schools finder database gives you access to the all these school types:
- Primary schools
- Secondary schools
- Special needs schools catering for special educational needs (SEN)
- Private schools
- State schools
When you use the school finder to find a school in England you can search for schools by their:
- Local authority
- State or private funded
- Age range
- Specialisms (e.g. arts, sports, technology)
- Gender of entry
- Facilities (e.g. nursery care or special needs provision)
When you find a school in England for your child the results of your search provide you with:
- An overview of the school and its facilities.
- Ofsted rating and performance scores.
- Attendance and absence and the pupil population.
- A geographical map and directions.
- Any relevant details about the local council.
- Workforce and finance details.
Follow the search link to use the official government schools finder online facility. Schools in Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland use different websites.