Working, Job Search, and PAYE
Table of Contents
Are you searching for employment? If so, the job seekers section is full of guidance and advice on finding work in United Kingdom.
In case you were wondering:
You can find extra details on the JSA scheme and several apprenticeship options. People who are already in work will also find a host of useful help guides in the job search section.
There is even more information about the ever popular topic of taking time off from work. The category focuses on holiday entitlement from work, maternity and paternity leave, and sick leave.
Note: You can also view an extended list of UK rules and regulations.
UK Rules Guide to Work and Jobs
Armed Forces Benefits
There is a list of benefits and concessions for those who serve, or have served, in the Armed Forces. Check the financial help available for Armed Forces veterans and their families.
The section covers all the topics that matter most to armed forces personnel, such as:
- Armed Forces Pensions
- Claiming if you got injured while serving in the Armed Forces
- How to Get a Copy of Military Service Records
- War Pensions and Armed Forces Compensation Tribunal
Finding a Job
Looking for work begins with a job search at Jobcentre Plus. The government-funded employment agency has branches in almost every major city helping people of working age to join the workforce and get a job.
This is the section for anyone who needs help to find a job in the United Kingdom, with help guides on:
- Access to Work scheme
- How criminal record checks work
- How to contact Jobcentre Plus
- The New Enterprise Allowance scheme
- Where to get help looking for work if you are disabled
Holidays, Sick Leave, and Time Off
Check out the rules for taking time off work and different consequences. As a rule, employees should get paid for time taken away from work.
The important topics covered and explained in this section include:
- Agricultural Sick Pay (ASP)
- Bank holiday calendar for 2021
- Employee rights while taking leave from work
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
- Working Time Regulations (WTR)
Note: Check out the list of employment rules and statutory rights for employees in the UK. You will also find useful information for employers and extra details on benefits, pensions, and HMRC taxation.
PAYE: Your Pay, Tax, and Wage
What is PAYE tax in the United Kingdom? The Pay As You Earn system is a method of paying your National Insurance contributions and Income Tax.
Other sections provide up to date information on:
- Cyfraddau’r Isafswm Cyflog Cenedlaethol a’r Cyflog Byw Cenedlaethol
- National Living Wage (NLW) and London Living Wage 2021
- National Minimum Wage 2021 Calculator
- National Minimum Wage 2021/22 Rates of hourly pay in United Kingdom
Redundancy: Your Rights
Being made redundant means your employer is dismissing you from your job. As a rule, staff redundancies occur when there is a need to reduce the company workforce.
The introductory guidance about trade unions explains how to recognise (or derecognise) and then work ‘effectively’ with a trade union – as an employer or employee.