The UK Rules
Dealing with HMRC

Get Help Dealing with HMRC

There are many reasons for dealing with HMRC besides reporting changes to circumstances. You can contact HM Revenue and Customs service helpdesk to get help with tax and to make a complaint.

What is HMRC in the United Kingdom?

HMRC is an abbreviation for Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.

The principle responsibility of HM Revenue and Customs is the collection of taxes. They collect duties and taxes from the majority of citizens who reside in the United Kingdom.

The official HMRC address is HM Revenue and Customs, BX9 1AS, United Kingdom.

You will also need to use the correct departmental title if you post any forms or documents to them. Besides being the UK customs authority, HMRC also collect tax and payments.

The revenue helps to contribute to the public services. It also benefits people who need financial support in this country. That said, HM Revenue and Customs must report their spending to Parliament. That particular process gets is overseen and regulated by the Treasury minister.

Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC)

Contact HMRCContact HMRC

HM REVENUE & CUSTOMS CONTACTS: You should contact HMRC helplines and online services helpdesk for all questions and enquiries about taxation, self assessment, and PAYE.

HMRC TAXES HELPLINE: (for employers: general enquiries)
Telephone: 0300 200 3200
Textphone: 0300 200 3212
Outside UK: +44 151 268 0558
Telephone: 0300 200 3310
Textphone: 0300 200 3319
Outside UK: +44 161 931 9070

Self Assessment
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom

Follow UK Rules for 2019 Updates!

Facebook LogoGoogle PlusPinterest LogoTwitter Logo

Appeal to the Tax TribunalAppeal to the Tax Tribunal

APPEAL TO FIRST TIER TRIBUNAL: The guide explains HMRC First Tier Tribunal rules for making an appeal to the tax tribunal. Find out what happens at First-tier tax tribunal hearings and what to do if you lose the case.

Appoint Someone to Deal with HMRC on Your BehalfAppoint Someone to Deal with HMRC

APPOINT A TAX AGENT: There may be times when it is best to appoint someone to deal with HMRC for you - or on your behalf. Find out how to appoint a tax agent to represent you.

HMRC Enforcement ActionEnforcement Action

TAX BILLS: HM Revenue and Customs will use enforcement action to collect the debt if you do not pay your tax bill. Find out what HMRC can do to recover it and how you can avoid it.

TAX EVASION: You can report tax evasion to HMRC if you think someone is evading taxation. You can also report fraud to the Insolvency Service, Companies House, or the Serious Fraud Office

Get Help with TaxGet Help with Tax

TAX HELP: UK taxation can be a little taxing at times. This guide is for those who need some extra help with tax problems and issues with taxes.

How to Get a Personal Tax Account with HMRCPersonal Tax Account

SIGN IN: Click through to sign in or set up a personal tax account with HMRC. The 'Cyfrif treth personol' service is also available in Welsh language.

Appealing a Tax DecisionTax Appeals

APPEALING A TAX DECISION: There are several steps you can take if you disagree with a tax decision. Check the process of appealing against a tax decision and how to get a review by HMRC.

Telling HMRC about Undeclared IncomeUndeclared Income

DECLARE UNPAID TAX: Check how to tell HMRC about undeclared Income Tax and other taxes (e.g. PAYE, VAT, Corporation Tax, and foreign income) to avoid a prosecution.

How to Deal with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs in the United Kingdom