The UK Rules
'Follow the Regulations'
Fund Changes

Green Deal Fund Changes

The government has decided to stop funding the Green Deal Finance Company. The GDFC was set up to lend money to Green Deal providers.

If You are a Consumer

The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) is now closed to any new applications.

You will be unaffected if your Green Deal improvements for energy efficiency have already been completed and you are making repayments through your electricity bill.

The contract with your Green Deal provider remains unchanged and they will still be responsible for any warranties or maintenance specified in the contract issued by them.

Be sure you get all work completed if you have a voucher through the GDHIF and redeem your voucher before it expires. You must meet the scheme’s terms and conditions.

If You are a Provider

If you are a Green Deal provider you should contact Green Deal Finance Company to check the status of any funding plans.

If You are an Installer

If you are an installer you should contact the Green Deal provider you are working with for an update on the status of any planned installations.

If You are an Assessor

If you are an assessor the Green Deal assessment framework is still open and consumers can still purchase Green Deal assessments.

The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund

The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) is closed to new applications but you are unaffected if you have already applied. Contact GDHIF if you need help.

Green Deal Home Improvement Fund

Telephone: 0300 555 0201
Monday to Friday (9am to 5:30pm)

Moving into a Property with a Green Deal

The landlord or seller must show you a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) if you move into a property with a Green Deal.

The EPC will explain what improvements have been made and how much you will need to repay. The person who pays the electricity bill pays the money back.

Note: You can change electricity supplier if the new supplier is participating in the Green Deal.

Contact the Green Deal provider to get more information or if you have specific questions about the improvements, warranties or repayments.

General information from Energy Savings Advice Service is available if you are in England or Wales and from Home Energy Scotland if you are in Scotland.

Energy Saving Advice Service

Telephone: 0300 123 1234
Monday to Friday (9am to 8pm)
Saturday (10am to 2pm)

Home Energy Scotland

Telephone: 0808 808 2282
Monday to Friday (8am to 8pm)
Saturday (9am to 5pm)

Green Deal Funding Changes; UK Rules Updated 2017