The UK Rules
'Follow the Regulations'
Affordable Warmth

Affordable Warmth Obligation Scheme

You might be able to get help from your energy supplier through the Affordable Warmth Obligation scheme. Check your eligibility for help with home energy-saving improvements and how to apply.

AFFORDABLE WARMTH: You might be able to get help for energy-saving improvements to your home if you either:

You may get help with the cost of:

If you claim benefits and live in private housing

You might be eligible for help if you live in private housing and get one of the following benefits:

If you claim Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit or Universal Credit your eligibility will depend on your income.

If you rent you must have the owner’s permission to do the work.

If you’re a social housing tenant

If you live in social housing that has an energy efficiency rating of E, F or G you might be eligible for help with insulation or installing a heating system for the first time.

You can use the energy performance certificate register to find your property’s energy efficiency rating, or ask your landlord or housing association.

Check your eligibility and apply

Contact the Energy Saving Advice Service to find out if you’re eligible for help. They’ll tell you how to apply if you’re eligible.

Energy Saving Advice Service
Telephone: 0300 123 1234
Monday to Friday: 9am to 8pm
UK telephone call rates.

Complain about improvements made to your home

Contact the company who carried out the work. You can contact Citizens Advice if your problem isn’t dealt with.

The Affordable Warmth Obligation Schemein the United Kingdom