The UK Rules
Sending Details to the Valuation Office Agency

How to Send Property Details to VOA

The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) might contact you about your business property. If requested, you will need to send your property lease, rental, or ownership details to the VOA.

THE VOA: HM Revenue and Customs sponsor the special executive agency called the Valuation Office Agency.

The department provides valuations and property advice for the government. The information supplied helps to support welfare benefits and taxation in the United Kingdom.

It is not uncommon for the VOA to ask for updated information on commercial properties. If so, you must send your lease, rent, or ownership details to the Valuation Office Agency.

Note: Submitting false information about your business property means you could get taken to court. There is also a Welsh language version of 'anfonwch eich manylion rhent, prydles neu berchenogaeth at Asiantaeth y Swyddfa Brisio'.

Before you submit rent and lease details online you should prepare the following information:

Extra Information and Help

Note: If you need help using the online service you can contact the VOA team in your local area. Their details will be on the letter they sent to you.

Sending Property Details by Post to the VOA

The Valuation Office Agency has a list of 'forms of return' available from VO 6004 to VO 6065. So, you can use the rent and lease details forms if the VOA request this information from you.

Fill in the correct form and send your commercial property details by post to the VOA if the business is a:

How to Send Property Lease, Rental, or Ownership Details to the VOA in the United Kingdom